Car paint color difference?
When automobile maintenance enterprises carry out paint repair, even if the color matching is carried out according to the standard formula provided by the coating supplier, the color guide plate after spraying by technician often has obvious color difference with the standard color plate provided by the coating supplier. Fig. 1). According to the different types of coatings, the differences are mainly reflected in the following aspects.
(1) For plain paint, the main difference lies in the hue, lightness and chroma (the three attributes of color).
(2) For metallic paints, it mainly depends on the structure and mixing ratio of aluminum pigment, the gloss at three observation angles (direct angle, intermediate angle and indirect angle) and the difference between colored pigments.
(3) For pearl paint, the differences among pearl particles (size, shape, flicker), coating times of nacre layer, color and three observation angles are mainly analyzed.
2. Problem analysis
First of all, there may be slight color difference in the paint of new cars produced by automobile manufacturers, mainly due to the following reasons.
(1) Different batches of OEM high temperature paint have different colors.
(2) The influence of coating viscosity, solid content, spraying site size, number of coating machines, coating efficiency, environmental wind speed and other factors.